This November, voters will be asked to consider yet another constitutional amendment to restrict state discretion over the use certain tax proceeds. Advocates for Proposition 22 argue the amendment is necessary to stop "state raids" on local...
Vladimir Kogan's Blog
Political reform has a storied -- and also troubling -- history in American politics. During the first half of the 20th century, "reform" organizations formed to take on party machines that dominated many large American cities, putting in place...
(a) California's budget process has become crippled by a complex entanglement of constraints that interfere with an orderly and comprehensive consideration of all fiscal matters. ...
(b) The legislative process has at times...
In recent months, government reformers in the Golden State have set their sights on two striking trends: The first is increased partisan polarization in Sacramento — marked by the...
All Blogs by Vladimir Kogan
- Ballot Measures
- June 3, 2014 Ballot Measures
- Ballot Endorsements for June 3, 2014 Measures
- November 6, 2012 Measures
- Ballot Endorsements for November 6, 2012 Measures
- June 5, 2012 Measures
- Ballot Endorsements for June 5, 2012 Measures
- November 2, 2010 Measures
- Ballot Endorsements for November 2, 2010 Measures
- June 2010 Measures
- Ballot Endorsements for June 2010 Measures